Greenbeauty Market Black Obsidian Gua Sha
GUA SHA. Yeah - might sound like a new kid on the block, but it isn't. This little cousin of the jade roller is great for getting rid of an uneven skin tone, puffiness, and impurities. Time to get acquainted.
- Free shipping in the Benelux for orders above €30
- Free shipping on orders above €75 to Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, and on orders above €150 to the UK.
- Order before 23.45 for next day shipment
- International delivery
Do you want to GUA SHA with me? This pretty little facial tool is a close cousin of the jade roller and is the new beauty addicts' favourite. It's for the advanced user - because it's not as easy as using a facial roller. The good news is the GUA SHA has effects that delve even deeper into the skin. Once you know the basics, just a few minutes of gua sha action each day can make an uneven skintone, puffiness and unclarity go away.
We know you're curious, so, we will gladly provide you with some more backrground info. Gua Sha is a traditional East Asian and Chinese technique, used to invite well-being, circulation and remove stagnant toxin build-up in the body. It can be used on both the face and body. Gua means 'scrape' and sha means 'sand'. Gua sha pre-dates acupuncture and is just as important. The stroke pattern awakens the meridian lines (lifeforce path) to activate the body’s natural healing abilities. For the skin, Gua Sha encourages collagen production, aka the strength in your cells. It sculpts and tones the face shape, allowing inflammation to drain and muscles to become free of tension. It also helps the skin to return to its most radiant state.
All in the name of glow. Made by us, especially for you.
Clean This products meets our clean standards to the letter and does not contain any of the ingredients on our dirty list. Check out the list here.
Vegan This product does not contain any animal ingredients or animal-derived ingredients.
is known for its energetic properties, warding off negative energy, strengthening and rejuvenating your inner and outer wellness.
How to GUA SHA? We'll explain, but feel free to play around and experience a little. Start with the basics: apply your favourite serum, oil or moisturizer, covering the face and neck.
- Then it's time to give your neck a gentle massage. Using the heart shaped part of the Gua Sha, sweep gently over your Adam's apple, which actives your REN line - the REN channel is the place where the body's yin energy is collected. Nice job so far!
- Use the longer arched edge of the tool to swipe it up your neck. starting at the bottom, working your way up with small upward movements, holding the tool almost flat against your neck untill you reach your jawbone.
- Now, scrape from the middle of your chin over your jawline, hugging your jaw with the heart shaped part of the tool, and moving it towards your earlobe. Don't be vain and jiggle at your ear; this encourages the fluid to drain down the neck to the lymph nodes at the base.
- Scrape from the middle of your chin over your jawline - but using the flatter edge of the gua sha tool, so you cover a bigger area of your face.
- Sweep underneath your cheekbone, a lot of fluid tends to be stored here. Direct it towards your hairline. Sweep over those gorgeous cheekbones of yours, hugging them with the heart shaped part of the Gua Sha, finishing at the hairline.
- Keep your eyes on the prize and keep going. Those brows deserve some special attention too. Sweep over the eyebrows - using the heart shaped side of the tool again - towards the hairline and then - using the flatter side of the tool - up from the brow bone, over the forehead, finishing at the hairline. Repeat this in three to five sections, moving towards the side.
- Go from between the eyebrows over the third eye, up to the hairline. Then, from the middle of the forehead out to the hairline.
- Your face has two sides (oh, really?), so continue with the other side, start at your neck and work through the steps.
- When you’ve finished the other side of your face, finish the treatment by sweeping down the neck to assist with lasting drainage.
- We suggest sweeping each area three times at minimum. For a longer practice, sweep up to 10 times. Keep your tool almost flat to your skin (about 15 degrees), rather than having the edge of the tool at 90 degrees to your skin.
Why, hi there. You probably already have a bit of an idea as to who we are from looking around our online marketplace. But we'd also like for you to know the story behind it all; so let us introduce ourselves. The founders of Greenbeauty Market, Robbie ter Haak and Geertje van Bavel knew their way around the beauty industry. Robbie was a co-owner of Kinki Kappers and Geertje had 10 years of experience as a brand director at L'Oreal. However, they always felt like there was more to beauty. In August of 2018 they decided to follow that feeling and create a marketing place. Curating all the best for both people and the planet. Greenbeauty Market stands for great quality products that people can use without feeling guilt toward the planet, or towards themselves. Let's cut the crap - no more toxins and as little waste as possible. And let's be honest - beauty feels so much more beautiful when you know the products are green.
Greenbeauty Facial Tools are packed in the cutest organic cotton muslin bags, which you can keep to safely stow away your beauty tool.